Under the veranda, in front of the sea:
- Continental breakfast (supplements on request) served from 8h untill 10h.
- Lunch upon reservation the day before.
- Dinner from 7h30 pm: reservation; a menu is proposed every day, but you can, with advance notice, ask for a menu à la carte: arrange in the morning with the cook...
- Mauritian and traditional cooking according to your taste.
- Coffee, tea and diverse drinks served under the veranda from 8 am till 9 pm.
Clément's restaurant according to Anne-Marie Wimmer writer-gastronome:
There is a plus at Chantauvent!
One must know, one must reserve. But what pleasure to have lunch or dinner on this veranda so intimate as can be one’s private terrace!
It is the extremely good cooking of its chef Clément!
Since Chantauvent has only a few rooms, even when the Guest House is full, there is no crowd.
Which makes even more delicious the typical dishes than you will savour!
Clément is the incontested champion of diverse and varied curries: fishes, shrimps, squids, scampis.
His vindayes and his stews bear the most severe of the competitions and I shall be damned for his chutneys of coconut, mango, christophene and especially - ô marvel – eggplant.
....It is still to Clément that I owe the discovery of the fruit of the breadfruit tree - fried - but also one of the most delirious madmen-laughter of my life about certain coconut cakes!
Shh, I shall not say more....
Reserve, taste and you will see!