Activities nearby: take advantage of the most beautiful lagoon of the
island, with all the available activities:
- You can continue up to the “Aux Aigrettes” island. The Mauritian
Wildlife Foundation cultivated, transplanted and restored 90% of this
island, reintroducing plants, birds and native reptiles, so recreating the
sanctuary of a flora and a fauna which can be seen nowhere else.
A little farther, in the Island of the Pass and in the Lighthouse island you will discover the history of the Battle of the Grand-Port.
- You can also go by catamaran along the coast up to the “Aux Cerfs” Island.
(all bookings can be done by email or during your stay)
Take advantage of magnificent landscapes of the South of the island:
Culture / shopping in Mahébourg:
- This historic city shelters the Naval Museum, the witness of the big
naval battle which took place off Grand-Port between French and English in
- Manioc Cookie factory, real raid in the past when you will discover a
"unique product in the world ": these small square biscuits of manioc,
invented in 1870 and the manufacturing of which remained unchanged.
- Pointe Canon Theatre
- Regatta of Pirogues with sails (seasonal)
- Typical market on Mondays from 10 to 16 hours.